Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Team Trainer



If you have a physical problem, come to me. I must know everything...according to my daughters I do.
I have become a resident MD “mommy doctor”. If you want to know what ails any minor living under my roof, ask me.

“Mommy, my ear hurts. Mommy I have a “hanger” (Hang nail). It hurts right here when I do this. My head itches. My eye lid itches. Mommy, I have a cough and need some medicine.  I have a headache.  Do you see this toe, it still hurts. I have an ant bite.” and so it continues.  

My husband will even report in his latest knee or back pains as they speak to his body. Like in The Lion King I get the Morning Report. Followed by the after school and bedtime updates.

I accept my role. Like the trainer on the football team. My team comes to me to let me know how they are feeling. I am learning to embrace this roll and accept it as a gift. As the girls grow, I hope they come to me with all their problems. I pray I remember the importance of listening to them.  Sometimes there is a potion or medicine to give them. Most of the time it is my undivided listening attention they want. A hug and a kiss. And off they go.....to get another injury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment