Saturday, September 1, 2012

Updating the Dream

I have a career of helping people move. Counseling them through their decisions of what their next home will be. Where their memories will be made. They share their dreams and hopes with me. I am often in the middle of the hot conversations between husband and wife as they decide what is is they want. What is important to them. 

Boy, do I sometimes get the "I wants". It's hard not to. I get to see so many beautiful homes and properties. Some with in my price range, many above it. I get to dream my own dreams and let my imagination wonder as I pass thru many amazing homes with my clients. 

Twelve years ago, we found a 5 acre lot. We bought the lot, designed our house. It is a wonderful house. This house was so big and open, until....we had three children. Three children later, now 11, 9 and 6, there is not an open space left. I want a bigger house! Now it is me and my husband deciding what we want, where we want to be, what is important to us. We decided, we want to stay here. Continue the memories, expand the dreams, expand the HOUSE. And so it has begun. Our twelve year old dreams are getting an update.


This is us 12 years ago just moving into our house. I am pregnant with #1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment