Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mega Advertising Special.....Don't miss OUT!

I just answered a call from a number I didn't recognize....mistake.

"For only $35 a month you can be a Featured Agent on our site."

"Get your listings on the front page of our website for $120 set up fee and $75 per zip code."

"Are you a 5 Star Agent? Multi-Million Dollar Club, Top Producer................."


As a Real Estate Broker and business owner, who has been in the business for 18 years (since I was 10, which makes me only 28, ha). I get calls every week to join the new advertising trend. If it's new and different, but must be great, right?  Nothing like paying someone you don't know for leads. Leads which are strangers that want to meet you at a house or for you to take them in your car to show them houses.  In this safe and secure world <insert sarcasm>, it's not for me.

Keep It Simple. 


People like to do business with people they know and trust. If they don't know someone,  they ask their friends for a referral. "Do you know a good                           ?".  They most likely do and will give you a name and number and all the reasons why they loved them.  There is an instant connection and comfort with a friend of a friend. A trust. As a Realtor, I am not only on my best behavior to earn the clients business, but keep the respect and trust of the person who referred them to me.  

So, I am saving my "$35 a month with no annual contract" to thank my friends, fellow dance mom's, church families, past clients.....for their referrals. Don't miss OUT!